November 23, 2009

This picture is from a stake activity.

WOW!!! I love love love Grandpa and Grandma. Thank you so much for the photo. I forgot how gringo our family is!!!

Tell Guy we might go fishing next Monday if the President says OK. There is a member who we just recently activated and he goes a lot. He calls them salmon, but I don't know if they are actually salmon or something different because they look silver like salmon but they are the size of a trout. I honestly haven't looked at one up close, but I hope we can go next week.

So the transfers happened on Tuesday, and we had our zone meeting on Wednesday. One of our zone leaders was transferred - Elder Lopez from Mexico. We still have elder Routson as a zone leader. We got a new district leader - he's from Argentina. The sector next to us got a new Chileno and a new gringo. The Chileno is training the gringo. The white kid was in Tanner's district in the MTC. On Friday my papi, Elder Bravo, called me. He was here in Chillan for a meeting of all the zone leaders. He wanted me to come see him but I couldn't. I was so sad. I love Elder Bravo, oh I do. He gave his rain boots and lots of books to Elder Routson so he could give them to me. He gave me his rain boots because he lead me astray when I first got here... he told me to buy certain rain boots. I found out after that they were used... I pulled my foot out one time and it was COVERED in slime. por esto he gave me his boots. He goes home next cambio and so I don't know if I'll even get to see him again. I LOVE him. He also told me that Elder Christenseno is in his zone. Tanner is in Talca. Our mission is made up of two zones... inside and outside. Talca is outside and Chillan is inside. We have our mission conference this Thursday in Concepcion. (the inside zone) however the outside zone has theirs a different day, so I won't see Tanner for a long time I guess... at the very, very minimum, 6 weeks.

Its been very nice, the weather here, for the last couple days. I can't complain at all. Not too hot, not too cold. It has rained a couple times, but the rain just makes me more excited to work. It's easier to go out in the rain than in the heat. The bugs are coming... I don't know if I have fleas or not. Some days I wake up with red dots on me, but I've never seen or felt a flea... so I don't know what it would be. We get a lot of beetle type bugs in our house too and cricket things that run FAST. I haven't seen many rats... only 2 or 3 dead ones in the street in all of my 4 months here.
I still haven't been robbed... I don't know what I'll do if someone tries to rob me... I don't know why, but I can't picture it happening and if it does happen I think I'll ask the person if he's joking. I just don't see it happening, however, the missionaries right next to us were robbed recently.

I've been bad at waking up on time and doing thirty minutes of exercise this week... I don't know why but it's getting harder to get out of bed... not easier... however I'm setting the goal right now to wake up 30 minutes early every morning to get more stuff done... I have to be prepared when I meet Elder Holland... I'm going to look him in the eye and say... My mission meant more to me then your mission... that will happen in about 15 months... mark my words.

I can't remember if I told you last week, but the sister-in-law to Adela came here about 2 weeks ago from Santiago... well we started teaching her and she accepted a baptismal date for the 29th about 2 weeks ago, and we got permission from President to baptize her, but I think she has to leave this Wednesday. It's cool to think that we are going to be a part of a miracle for 2 missionaries in Santiago when they receive a reference of a lady that is ready to be baptized.
We had a family night at Adela and Oscar's house last night. It was great - It was. Oscar actually directed the whole thing, ha. He hasn't smoked in two days and that's actually a huge huge deal. In the church he told me that his eyes were burning because he needed to smoke ha. Adela said its the first time in YEARS that he's arrived home from his week at work without the smell of beer and smoke on him. The spirit is changing them.