Jan. 29, 2011

Good day to everyone.
I am so grateful for the chance I have to be here. I love Chile. More than Chile, I love the people I have met here. I love everything about this mission. Not so much the place or the cities, but truly the people. And not only the Chileans, but missionaries. The missionaries of this mission are absolutely incredible. They are awesome. I think the first person I would have to thank for that would be President Chavez. That man is amazing. He was truly inspired in everything he did here. Now President Humphrey is taking the baton forward. Another thing that is happening is that as I get to know President Humphrey more and more I see him more and more as the President that he is. I always thought that would be different, like as I got to know him more as a normal person, but that really hasn't happened. I have seen him more and more as the President literally called by revelation to lead this mission. I guess you could say my 'testimony' of him has grown. I have learned to trust every decision he takes.
This week was good... it went by very VERY fast because we were out of town all week. Tuesday morning we woke up early and went up to Talca. There we did a training with the Talca centro Zona and the Curico zone. After that, we did a minicambio for the rest of the night.  Elder Mcdonald and I went out to Constitucion, which is a sector with 4 sister missionaries and is right on the beach, a lot like Tomé. There we taught some people, first we went to a house of a man who was having problems with keeping some commandments and when Sister Enders and Sister Hardy told him we had come to talk to him, he said 'He is 20 years old, he might know more about the church than me, but he can't help me with life issues'.... plop....we didn't get to help him too much.. After that we went down to the beach (it was already 9:40) and the other sisters were there with two people that needed interviews. We began to give them interviews right there... that beach is absolutely beautiful.
Wednesday we were in Linares with Parral and Talca. Afterwards we made some other visits and I learned a lot about the importance of humility.
Honestly... It was a great week. I love being here. 
I love you all. Thanks for everything. I hope you have a great week. I would like to know if you are coming down to get me.
Love... Elder Pitcher.